Hyundai Genesis Coupe Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

Nach unten
Gast
Gast

New 2.0T from Belgium Empty New 2.0T from Belgium

Mo 20 Aug 2012, 11:39
Hello Genesis fans

At first, sorry for not posting in German language, but my writing is not that good in german Rolling Eyes

My name is Christophe, I'm 24 years old and I'm from Belgium.
I recently purchased a Genesis Coupe 2.0T, which is a very pleasant ride Cool

The reason I got to this forum is via a member on the gencoupe.com website (his username there is Gen-QP)
I contacted him with the question if there was a European Genesis forum, which there apparently is cheers

Now i've been doing tons of research about the genesis coupe itself and the tuning possibilities... In the near future I'm going to open a new topic about the USA and Korean tuners to see what interest we have for an ECU tune (or flash) by one of them. As I already have seen, the names of those tuners are already on the forum. king

Is there any of you guys that has any experience with them and has sent his ECU to the US?

I myself wanted to send my ECU to one of them, to get it tuned but I'm not able to miss my car for such a long time... Maybe we could gather our strength and organise a European ECU flash tour (by an American tuner)... Since no European tuner has been able to crack the Genesis' ECU.

More info will follow soon

Greetings from Belgium

Christophe

1220 Moppi
1220 Moppi
Beziehung mit dem Forum
Beziehung mit dem Forum
Anzahl der Beiträge : 5945
Bewertungen : 113

New 2.0T from Belgium Empty Re: New 2.0T from Belgium

Mo 20 Aug 2012, 11:53
Hi Christophe,

Welcome here to our forum. I think some of us are able to read and write in English so that shouldn't be the biggest problem. Nice to have you here. We wish you a lot of fun with your Genesis. Show us some pictures. Wink

So far I haven't heard from anyone here that he wants to flash the ECU. I myself won't touch it. Very Happy

Greetings from Hamburg
solu
solu
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Anzahl der Beiträge : 2137
Bewertungen : 36

Mo 20 Aug 2012, 13:01
Hey Chris Smile

Where do you live in Belgium? I have been there nearly a million times. Mostly around Antwerpe! I just love that city.. I have no clue why but i do!

I personally wouldn be interested in a ECU reflash but more into a standalone ecu that we could just plug n play. in that case, if you have any problems with warranty, you could just switch the ecus back and drive it to your dealer..

do you have a few benelux genny friends or isnt the genny family big in your country?

i have never seen a genny in nl, belgium or lux myself.. and im there quite often Sad.

if you are looking for parts, tuning etc. you can contact me or add me on facebook. my shop is quiet new but i have direct contacts to quiet a few korean manufacturers. Smile

Gast
Gast

Mo 20 Aug 2012, 13:31
solu schrieb:Hey Chris Smile

Where do you live in Belgium? I have been there nearly a million times. Mostly around Antwerpe! I just love that city.. I have no clue why but i do!

I personally wouldn be interested in a ECU reflash but more into a standalone ecu that we could just plug n play. in that case, if you have any problems with warranty, you could just switch the ecus back and drive it to your dealer..

do you have a few benelux genny friends or isnt the genny family big in your country?

i have never seen a genny in nl, belgium or lux myself.. and im there quite often Sad.

if you are looking for parts, tuning etc. you can contact me or add me on facebook. my shop is quiet new but i have direct contacts to quiet a few korean manufacturers. Smile

haha Solu, genesis coupe's in Belgium are very rare, I bought one of the last models available... according to the dealer there were 150 genesis coupe's admitted to Belgium (official dealer numbers except from unknown imports)... lol! So no, at the moment I know no one who's driving a gen coupe... And ofcourse our great government keeps the petrol expensive, so almost everyone is driving a diesel (I had one before my genny but nothing but trouble, it was an octvia RS by the way)
On my octavia were multiple problems, lot's of it with the partikelfilter which always got full of shit and my octavia then goes into safety mode (no power at all)..
During the period 01/01/2012 till 13/07/2012 I've almost payed 3.000 euro's for all kinds of repairs and I was getting tired of it... So I went looking around for another car, which had to be a petrol one, so I went to subaru for the BRZ (very small car), to my own skoda dealer and afterwards I walked to a nearby Hyundai dealer to see what they got and I saw the gen coupe and I was sold... On the other hand, I was still stuck with my octavia RS, so I needed to get rid of it. The Hyundai dealer gave me the best price, he offered like 14.000 euro's for my old octavia with 96.000 KM on it.., We went for a test drive and afterwards I didn't hesitate, signed the papers an a week later I got the genesis.
So actually the genesis I bought was a showroom model that had travelled between different dealers but it had only 18KM's on the clock so it was a brand new car..
The only thing I don't like is that there are no HID or Xenon lights available.

I live like 30 minutes away from Antwerp (I live near Mechelen, actually in Putte)

For tuning... I'm a bit terrified of adding visuals (like air intake, new turbo, front intercooler ect..) I'd rather have things done that can't be seen by the dealer, especially to not fuck up my warranty.
So I've done some research and there are a few companies that have the perfect solution by flashing the ECU... The best tune in my opinion is the one from SFR or better said seoulfullracing. http://www.seoulfulracing.com/

How is the tune done...

What they do at SFR is the following.
1)They copy the data from your original ECU and save it to their computer (they need to do this for the immobilizer that is on your car and because of the encryption (sort of safety measure from hyundai to protect the ECU data))
2)Afterwards you have the choice:
==> you get a flash of your original ECU
==> you keep your original ECU the way it was and you ask SFR to buy you a matching ECU that will be tuned by them

if you choose for possibility two, then you end up with 2 ECU's so that you can switch them for driving and dealer visits (no warranty problems)

So far your worries for the ECU solu, those problems can be solved jocolor

Questions? always keen to help you guys out

Greets

Christophe
solu
solu
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Anzahl der Beiträge : 2137
Bewertungen : 36

Mo 20 Aug 2012, 13:39
Well. Maybe we can gather some interest and see what ppl would think about getting sfr (or poweraxel, btrcc..) to come by. I dont know what those companys need to actually be able to modify the ecu, but i have great contacts to local peeps who should offer all what they would need.

Im interested for sure, eventhough i would to do some other mods first.. such as new headers, testpipes and an intake.

regarding HID. I could help you out Smile there are a few companys that offer xenon/hid upgrades. in germany those would not be legal but... you only live once Very Happy

if you want we can talk via facebook aswell Smile
https://www.facebook.com/claudio.giovanniello

I have been in Wieze (near Aalst) a few times Smile
Gast
Gast

Mo 20 Aug 2012, 14:20
solu schrieb:Well. Maybe we can gather some interest and see what ppl would think about getting sfr (or poweraxel, btrcc..) to come by. I dont know what those companys need to actually be able to modify the ecu, but i have great contacts to local peeps who should offer all what they would need.

Im interested for sure, eventhough i would to do some other mods first.. such as new headers, testpipes and an intake.

regarding HID. I could help you out Smile there are a few companys that offer xenon/hid upgrades. in germany those would not be legal but... you only live once Very Happy

if you want we can talk via facebook aswell Smile
https://www.facebook.com/claudio.giovanniello

I have been in Wieze (near Aalst) a few times Smile

Facebook request is sent.... I'm not having a lot of time to chat now, I need to do an exam of macro-economics at 18u00 today :face:

About the Hids, it's illegal in Belgium aswell, you officially need height adjustment and high pressure cleaning system to keep the lights clean... Hyundai dealer said it would cost round 3000 euro's to install, I said, you are crazy lol!
If I would do HID conversion it needs to be really clean light, and I've already found some at

http://www.KBcarstuff.com/H11-Xtreme-Digital-HID-Conversion-Kits-4300K-p/xtp-h11.htm

So as I said, if I would get them, it needs to have an OEM look! (not such a cheap aftermarket look that you get on most of the cars)

I will open a post one of the days to see what interest we can get, to get the tunes from the states over to Europe... I have been in contact with Jay from SFR already for my own ECU... And also some guys from BTCrr..(but they have done something horrible, I don't like them anymore... (pictures can be found at gencoupe.com) They have put glue on the port of a tuned ecu for the protection of their data, SFR on the other hand secures it's data by coding)

Greets

christophe
sharks-udo
sharks-udo
ForumsNerd
ForumsNerd
Anzahl der Beiträge : 1761
Bewertungen : 46

Mo 20 Aug 2012, 17:02
New 2.0T from Belgium 2942948050 in our club New 2.0T from Belgium 2942948050

I hope, that everyone can read your postings, otherwise we need a good tranlator. Have a good time with us.
Gast
Gast

Mo 20 Aug 2012, 20:50
Hello!!!

My car is from Belgium too! Very Happy

quite interessant what you´re writing.

Greez
Thomas
Paler
Paler
Admin
Admin
Anzahl der Beiträge : 4474
Bewertungen : 186

http://www.genesis-coupe.com/t596-paler-s-blaues-gen-

Mo 20 Aug 2012, 23:56
Lode88 schrieb:[...]

The reason I got to this forum is via a member on the gencoupe.com website (his username there is Gen-QP)
I contacted him with the question if there was a European Genesis forum, which there apparently is cheers

[...]

nice, to see you here Cool

i think, the best option is a second ecu.
maybe you do it as a winter-project. Wink
Gesponserte Inhalte

Befugnisse in diesem Forum
Sie können in diesem Forum nicht antworten